Wednesday, May 31, 2006

a good walk spoiled



I was out walking with my dogs, who, admittedly, were more interested in the ground squirrels than in the walk.



Where I live is considered "short grass prairie", but after 4 years of drought, it's more like "desert". Still, I
like it and I find the empty landscape beautiful in its own way.








So I was unhappy to find that my own little piece of prairie had been sullied by the bad habits of my neighbor.


My property is shaped like a tetris piece, and this particular neighbor owns 40 acres tucked into one of the jags in my place. He doesn't live there, he just stores a (growing) pile of junk right along the fence line. It is, after all, his right to keep whatever he wants on his side of the fence. I have to say, though, I always find it irritating that he pushes up so close to the fence. Given that, it was inevitable that a good, strong, south wind would cause problems, and it did.




No comments: